Sunday 5 January 2014

New Year, New...

...Things?!

I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas and a lovely New Year and y'alllll are feeling relaxed and sufficiently plump. My Christmastime was full of movies, hot chocolates and mince pies all whilst snuggled up under a super cosy blanket with an obligatory candle burning. However, now we have entered dreaded January and uni work is now back on the timetable after a week of kicking the books to the side as I begin my last ever real semester (3rd term is basically just my final exams eeeekk!) However, less of the real talk, and back onto more serious things......presents!!

Now I'll admit I'm a nosey one and love finding out what people got for Christmas, so here are a few goodies I received this year...


Me and the main man himself


I decided to take wrapping paper into my own hands this year instead of using mum's left overs, especially as I wasn't getting home until a couple of days before Christmas and was really pleased with the outcome! The brown paper and glitter ribbon was from Paperchase, tartan labels from Sainsburys and the large box at the back from Clintons.



Pyjamas were top of my list for christmas presents so my mum and I went on a hunt. I'm the type of person that, if I have no plans, will spend the day in lounge wear. This tended to consist of old t-shirts and some form of too short for me bottoms, so I thought it was probably time to renew my stock and actually have some nice pyjamas for once since I spend so much time in them. I have a little obsession with owls at the moment (as you'll see throughout this post) so the first pair were an absolute must! The bottoms of this pair are like leggings (although not so skin tight) which is perfect for the cold weather as they don't ride halfway up your leg. The second pair are more for the summer and I love the lace detailing and there are little bows, which you can't really see in the picture, on either side of the shorts. The drapey cardigan also goes with this set and is really comfy and cosy. My old pair of slippers were falling apart and so I needed a new pair and I thought these mouse ones were cute and are so cosy.
All these were from Next (similar are 1, 2, 3)


Stocking Fillers:
Socks are a classic Christmas present and I received some cashmere ones which are sooo soft and these Christmassy print slipper socks.
Benefit Hoola bronzer and They're Real mascara are my all time favourites and so Santa did especially good getting me these. The mascara really lengthens the lashes and gives a good amount of volume too and I always get people asking me if I'm wearing falsies when I've applied this and Hoola is the perfect bronzer for my skin tone - not too dark, not orangey at all; just gives a nice colour.
The owl obsession continues and this, what I assume is an ornament, is now hanging above my desk.
The American Apparel voucher is actually from my brother and I'm thinking of putting it towards a dress, either this or this in cobalt.


I'm quite the boy when it comes to movies and I absolutely love marvel films (I blame my brother) so he got me the Iron Man Trilogy, Captain America and Thor on DVD.
I've read quite a few of the I Heart series by Lindsey Kelk so was excited to receive this new release. I've only just started it but it seems to be another great, easy read with all the romance, comedy and drama you'd expect.
Finally, I got a completely not-in-your-face at all laptop case for my new baby, a MacBook Air.

I've also done a little bit of after Christmas shopping, so here's what I've picked up in the sales:


My mum is completely feeding my love for owls and upon returning from a food shop at Sainsburys she also picked up this owl in the sale and got me a new candle for my uni bedroom. The scent is white fig and patchouli and smells divine and I love the cute little bow and heart packaging (although I think this is from their new spring range).


I'll be graduating in July and so am slowly starting to build up an appropriate work wardrobe and picked this skirt up in the M&S sale for £18, down from £29.50. This skirt is a lovely fit and I love the print, it's a kind of blurry houndstooth print, with the black panels down the side as that makes it really flattering.


I also picked up this nail polish set by Leighton Denny from Marks and Spencer beauty section for £6 down from £17.50. It includes a mini dark teal coloured polish called Persian, a mini top coat called Crystal Finish and finally, a sparkly polish called Angel Effect. It was this iridescent silver sparkle one that drew me in as my Models Own Snowflakes, which is similar, has gone gloopy so hopefully this will last better.

Once again, I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday period and I'd love to know what gifts you received or any of the sale steals you've picked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment