Sunday 13 July 2014

Summer Haulin'

Summer is definitely my favourite season; I am one of those people whose mood is instantly brightened when the sun is shining. The clothes may also be a factor for my love of all things summer as your outfits aren't always hidden under your one winter coat. The colourful clothes in the shops are just that bit more enticing and so over the past few months I may have done just a litttttle bit of shopping.


























I generally find River Island a bit hit and miss; their clothes often have a very distinct style which I tend not to like. However, saying that, I have been loving their clothes this summer and have to restrain myself in order to prevent maxing out my overdraft! As said in my Weekend Wishlist post  I am loving palm prints at the moment and these first two items are what started this love affair.

Palm Print Blazer - River Island (not on their website anymore but it is on sale on ASOS for £36)
Palm Print Skirt - River Island, £25 (can't find it on RI website but it is available on ASOS)
Shorts - River Island, £20 (not available anymore, but similar style here and here)




With birthday money (and the American Apparel voucher from Christmas) I went a little overboard on the tops front. I have really been loving all the neon yellow/lime green tops in the shops recently however, I don't think it suits my skin tone that well. The first t-shirt is a perfect way to pull off the neon trend as the grey background tones it down a little. I was struggling with what to buy with the AA voucher because it was worth £34 and as you may know AA is pretty pricey in England. However, I saw Laura Whitmore wearing this crop top a while ago when presenting I'm A Celeb...Get Me Out Of Here and had loved it then so, when I saw this still in the shops I snapped it up, and it's palm print, double bonus! The final two basic tops are to go with the palm print skirt and the yellow crop top also goes really well with the shorts.

Grey Lace Overlay Tee - Miss Selfridge, £20
Jungle Leaves Crop Top - American Apparel, £24
Blue Vest - H&M, about £6 (similar here)
High Neck Ribbed Crop Top - River Island, £10 (Yellow not online but this is the style)































Again, as said in my Weekend Wishlist, I have been in desperate need of a new pair of sandals as the sole of my previous pair of tan gladiator style sandals is flapping off despite my attempts at super gluing them back to life.

Metal Look Hardware Sandals - Next, £30.


I learnt last year that you cannot buy bikinis in summer - there will be none left. This year I started my summer shopping earlier and managed to nab these around May time, however they do still seem to be available online and so maybe in the shops as well.

Blue Twist Front Bandeau Bikini Top - Warehouse, £12
Blue Ruch Side Bikini Bottoms - Warehouse, £10
Apricot Lace Covered Bikini Top - H&M, £12.99
Apricot Lace Tie Side Bikini Bottoms - H&M, £7.99

I would say that's the end of my summer shopping for this year, however I did a bit of shopping whilst in California, but when in Rome right?

No comments:

Post a Comment