Thursday 26 June 2014

Summer Loving: Bodycare


I have my facial skincare routine down to a tee, even after a night out I remember to cleanse, tone and moisturise. The same cannot be said for the rest of my body which doesn't receive as much attention. However, in the summer months I tend to get a boost of motivation and up the ante to make sure my other limbs are beach ready. I'm a frequent visitor to the aisles of boots (lame, I know) and I recently saw this new 'Oil Beauty' line by Garnier. I was initially intrigued by the Ultimate Beauty Oil for the body however that was a bit too far out of my comfort zone and was worried I'd look like I rolled right out of the 80s so I stuck to the standard moisturiser and an exfoliator.

All the products from this range are infused with with 4 oils: argan, macadamia, almond and rose and let me tell you straightaway, the result is wonderful. First off, the smell of this range is incredible; I won't try and describe it (I'm guessing it's the almond and rose mix) but I would recommend you give it a sniff next time you're in Boots. The scent also lasts for hours on the body; I applied the mosituriser at about 10am and by 10pm I could still smell it on me.

The exfoliator contains cupuaça seeds and is one of the rougher scrubs I've tried so I would suggest using this on its own as opposed to with an exfoliating mitt. However, it does the job and you can already feel how smooth your skin feels as you rinse it off. The oil infusion also moisturises the skin without leaving an oily residue and used in conjunction with the moisturiser leaves your skin feeling incredibly nourished. The moisturiser is quite thin and lightweight (not runny but just not as thick as something like Palmer's Cocoa Butter) and therefore sinks in really fast, so none of that standing around for half an hour starkers worrying that the postman could come any minute.

Overall, I would highly recommend these products and I am slightly tempted to go back and pick up the oil if the results of these two are anything to go by. You can pick these products up from Boots; the Oil Infused Nourishing Lotion is £4.99 for 250ml and the Oil Infused Nourish Scrub is £7.15 for 200ml. I would keep a look at though for the regular deals Boots offers as I paid about half price for these products.


No comments:

Post a Comment