Tuesday 24 June 2014

L'Oréal Bi-Phase Eye Makeup Remover


I had heard big things about this bi-phase eye makeup remover. It's supposed to be akin to the blogosphere famous Clarins Instant Eye Makeup Remover, however I can't bring myself to justify spending around £16 on just an eye makeup remover. This L'Oréal version doesn't break the bank (£5.49 from Superdrug) and so I thought it would be a good place to test the waters with these bi-phase solutions. The blue layer on the top contains gentle oils which help to dissolve all traces of makeup including waterproof mascara and the clear layer is a simple soft lotion to leave skin fresh. The two layers should be shaken up to blend together the two solutions before applying to the eyes.

I can't make a comparison between the Clarins and L'Oréal offerings but I am very impressed with L'Oreal's version. Beforehand I had been using a variety of different standard single solution eye makeup removers however I tended to wake up and still find a small amount of black smudged around my eyes. This dual solution on the other hand ensures all traces of mascara and eyeliner are completely removed and I have stopped waking up looking like a panda. I have slightly sensitive eyes and am a contact lens wearer and have had no problems with irritation. However, although it claims to be non greasy I do find there is a slight residue left behind but I tend to use this before cleansing so any greasiness is removed with that step in my routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment