Sunday 22 June 2014

Weekend Wishlist #1

I definitely do not need to go shopping after a few very spendy months (I blame exams), however I cannot help but scour the sites and pick out some great summer pieces (just in my head, I promise!). 


1) Palm Bandeau Skort Playsuit, £48 from Topshop. I'm having a palm print moment currently as you'll see from an upcoming haul. This playsuit would be ideal for a holiday and the green would complement a tan perfectly. It also comes in both tall and petite versions which is handy.

2) Floral Duster Jacket, £39 from Miss Selfridge. Kimonos are the perfect addition to your wardrobe especially for our English summers which don't always get too hot or for a summer's night abroad. This would look perfect with a coral cami top, light wash denim jeans/shorts and some tan brown wedges.

3) Blue Leopard Tribal Print Split Maxi Dress, £40 from River Island. RI has really been hitting the nail on the head this summer and this maxi dress is no exception. I'm not amazingly tall (about 5"9), but I do tend to find a lot of dresses are a bit too short if I want to keep some dignity, especially with summer dresses and so I have been swaying towards maxi dresses. This one is very glamorous with slits on both sides and the back is plain black so as not to be too overwhelming.

4) Simone Fine Cateye Sunglasses, £16 from Topshop. I find sunglasses to suit my face shape (think perfect circle) very hard to find and have hence had the same pair for about 6 years so I am definitely on the lookout for a new pair. After recently trying on a similar shape pair I think the cat-eye shape may be my go to as the angular sides draw my face up a bit and the tortoise shell finish is a bit softer against my skin tone. These pair are also reminiscent of a certain Prada pair but of course lot cheaper - I may be breaking my spending ban for these!

5) L'Oréal Professionnel Solar Sublime Advanced Protection Conditioning Spray, £11.05 from FeelUnique. Everyone is well aware of the importance of applying sunscreen to your face and body however many forget about protecting your hair. The sun can be very drying to your hair and can fade coloured hair so it is important to use a UV protection spray to help combat these effects. I will be heading over to California for 2 weeks soon and so will definitely be picking one of these up as I not only have coloured hair (although slowly returning back to my natural darker colour after a year and a half of highlighted hair) but use curlers and straighteners so damage my hair enough as it is!

6) Multi Jewelled Colourful Sandal, £30 from Warehouse. I saw these sandals hanging up whilst walking through House of Fraser (a Warehouse stockist) and was instantly drawn to the coloured gems. The embellishment colour and pattern reminded me of something by Shourouk however at a fraction of the price and it was definitely hard for me to leave them behind. The colours just scream a Caribbean holiday and would look amazing against tanned legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment